What are Limericks?

I had recently shared my first limerick on this blog and I soon found out that hardly anyone knew what a limerick was. So I decided to write on 'What are Limericks?' Written below is what I could gather on the topic.
According to an Oxford Dictionary, "a limerick is a type of humorous poem with five lines, the first two rhyming with the last." Limericks aren't very common but they are funny and interesting to read. They are also a lot harder to write than normal poetry.
I hope that reading this has given you some kind of idea of what a limerick is. If not, please google it up. Anyway, thanks for reading.
And also, please see the limerick that I wrote, It's here on my blog.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this information. It was really needed to read your poetry. You're right it would be a little harder to create a limerick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have given a better definition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limericks, for me, arn'et really hard to create!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Changes I would like to see in my country five years ahead

Short Story~The Storm

Poetry: To Dream