Memories from a Trip

Our trip to Muscat went by in a blur. All I can remember about it now is the day we arrived and the day we left. and just a few precious moments in between.
Muscat is amazing. You could call it a Dream City. It was peaceful, green, and cleaner than any other place I've seen. Believe me, no one even honks the car horns. The people are beautiful and very polite. There are several museums in Muscat. Although it's modern and well developed, they've preserved their history amazingly.
But I think that the main reason for enjoying our three week long trip was that my favouite cousins live there. Of course, we visited several museums, parks, and places there, but the memories that remain will not be of any museum or park or restaurant, but of the time our family spent with my aunt, uncle and cousins.
I never really missed Karachi, my home city, while I was in Muscat, but now that I'm back here, I miss Muscat really much. But you know, I would never ever wish that I lived in Muscat, in Oman. My country is Pakistan and will always be my country. I'm proud to say that I'm a Pakistani. I hope I would never ever move to another country forever.
I will always remember my trip to Muscat, but I will Insha Allah always continue my campaign on patriotism. And, I think the worst thing you could do for your country is to leave it because it's no good. And I think the best thing you could do for your country is to believe that it is better than the rest and work for your country!
I hope you understand the message I'm trying to convey. And please, remember where you're from, and before moving to another country, just consider your reasons for it.
Thank you for reading.

Comments

  1. You're absolutely right, we should think what we've done for our country rather than just pointing out the mistakes in the system. Thoughtful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really interesting piece of writing defining Muscat. I wish I could go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can relate to the holiday thing - where you don't actually miss your home country. Muscat sounds like a really nice place to visit! How was your trip there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was great, I went in January this year with my family. That's almost an year ago. The Museum review I wrote was also of a museum there. We visited loads of museums during our trip there!

      Delete
    2. Sounds awesome! Yeah, I saw the museum review! So were all the museums in Muscat? I really wish I could visit it. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Changes I would like to see in my country five years ahead

Short Story~The Storm

Poetry: To Dream