Just One Earth!!!

The moment I step outside my door
I see the rubbish heap has grown a lot more
Holding my nose, I hurry away
Towards the little place where I thought the trees sway
But when I arrive, oh what a shock!
This place is as bare as a rock
There are buildings that seem to scrape the sky
Leaving back all green trees to die
Where all those flowers used to bloom
Are now just stories, full of doom
In not just one country, or a nation
In this century, every generation
Doesn't care about nature's beauties
They seem too busy with their own duties
If only people would realize
That Mother Earth has a definite size
It won't grow with the rubbish you throw
Or the attitude you show
So please, reuse, reduce, recycle
For short distances, use a bicycle
Stop throwing litter everywhere
And make sure people are aware
That saving the Earth is  everyone's job
And if we don't do it, we won't have a log

Comments

  1. I think that's your best poem ever. I wish I could write poetry like that. I'ts so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shows your pain for our Earth and also makes us realize our responsibilities.
    I'm sure your effort would change the attitude of people in your circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem so, so much! You wrote it brilliantly! I really like the rhyming words, rhythm, effective word and especially the message you're trying to give, on how there's only one earth and we must be green (not literally green XD) to save it. In a nutshell, it's amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.o This is so shocking! It shows us what we are doing to this earth (and there is only one of it!)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. نہایت شاندار اور شفیق انداز ترغیب۔۔۔
    جزاک اللہ خیر

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Changes I would like to see in my country five years ahead

Short Story~The Storm

Poetry: To Dream