Positive and Negative Thinking

My father gave me some questions about Positive and Negative Thinking and asked me to write down my answers for them. I am sharing them here with my answers.

What in your opinion is positive thinking?

Positive thinking is looking at each situation positively and not losing hope.

What in your opinion is negative thinking?

Negative thinking can be called, in my opinion, ‘Jumping to the worst conclusions’. It can also be thinking critically of others.

What are the factors that make us negative?

The factors that make us negative can be negative feelings like jealousy, hate, and envy. There can also be some wrong acts that we did in the past, like backbiting, that can make us negative.

What are the factors that make us positive?

Being satisfied and happy, and when all our needs are fulfilled can make us positive.

Situations when it is REALLY hard to stay positive:
  •          When someone betrays me
  •          When things don’t go as planned
  •          When a day trip  gets cancelled
  •          When someone says they’d come to our house and they don’t come
  •          When someone insults me

Specific suggestions for being positive:
  •          Don’t take negative comments seriously
  •          Remember that Allah is in control of the situation
  •          Understand the whole situation, before coming to a conclusion
  •          Think from the other person’s perspective

Comments

  1. Nice work! I like the answers you chose to write. Another suggestion to not say/do anything negative is by thinking before you do. And have you heard this question, that identifies whether you are a realist, optimist or pessimist? - Is this glass half-empty or half-full. If you decide on "both", you're a realist. If you decide on "half-full", you're an optimist. And if you answer "half-empty", you're a pessimist. I think I'm a realist. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, I've heard of the 'Half full or half empty' example. I don't know which I am because I act different on different situations! But I'm mostly a pessimist, I think!! I try to think positive but every human DOES make mistakes!!!

      Delete
    2. You're absolutely welcome! Yeah, our decisions can change sometimes! Definitely! ;D

      Delete
  2. Very thought provoking questions and interesting responses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Changes I would like to see in my country five years ahead

Short Story~The Storm

Poetry: To Dream